Sunday, July 29, 2007

He's back

Well the ball game was fun. Boston beat TB 7-1 and my loyalties were torn. I come from New England but now I live here and the D Rays are my team. Lots of fun to be at the ball park though.

Did a fair amount of walking on my day off. The party was about a mile from the ball park and the entrance we used was on the 1st base line and the tickets were in right field. The trip around the park must have been another mile. Probably 4 miles of walking without even counting it.

Yesterday I tried the mile again to see if it was a one time fluke. Lo and behold not only could I do that but when I had walked 3/4 of the second loop I decided to try to run to the end and did so without any problem. Final heart rate of 144 after two light posts of sprinting.... well, running faster...well jogging faster. At least it was faster.

Also met Holly with her TNT shirt on in the shoe store and she had just come back from an event in Pasco County. Got the chance to talk more about L&LS and TNT. Another sign.

Today I tried out my new shoes. No real change in my running that I was able to perceive. Did my complete first mile and then started my run for home at the 1/2 mile mark so I got in 1 and 1/2 miles running as part of mile 2 mile circuit. Again the final rate was 144 and down to 120 within 5 minutes. No aches or pains. I am ready for some hurting but so far none has appeared. My pace seems to be fairly steady throughout. Slow but steady.

The legs are tingling a bit now so it is time to get out of this chair and stretch.

We will be at it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great progress!