Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long Saturdays

Now that I am getting up before the birds on Saturday mornings, the day seems to go on forever. I started at 5:00 had breakfast, some fluid got my stuff together and out to get to Brandon by 6:30. The run was a 3 mile easy run. I got back to the house by 9:00 and still had an entire day ahead of me.

The run felt pretty good. The time was okay and made better by the fact that the third mile loosened me up to pick up my pace near the end and run my way into the parking lot at a faster rate than the rest of the run. That is when the legs will stretch a little more.

My new friend Sart was still with me at the end of the day so I got out the tens unit that I bought in Las Vegas. I gave the hip to knee path several good jolts and apparently that is what it needed to relax. I think I will add that to my stretching routine and see if we can get Sart to calm down and join in with the rest of the muscles as just tired and not whining.

That is all for now.

Go Team

1 comment:

Antigen said...

it's kinda weird to have that much saturday left isn't it? i am finding the same thing. and that my friends tend to be lame and don't want to get out of bed to go get brunch with me. hello? brunch? greatest meal ever! i need earlier friends.

glad to hear the TENS is working on the knee, if so it sounds more like a trigger point than a strain (wouldn't do much for a strain other than annoy the daylights out of it!)